Welcome to the Department of Pediatrics PICC Insertion Certification self paced individual learning program. This program is being offered at Stony Brook with the cooperation of PICC Excellence Inc with eligibility to earn CME’s. Completion of the program is required prior to performing PICC placements on live newborns. To complete the program and be eligible for CME’s the following must be done:
- Download all forms from the main menu.
- View all 13 video sections. Hard copies of the content are available in the NICU and the Kleinman Library for your reference.
- Complete the PICC post test and receive a score of 90%.
- After successful completion of the post test call 4-7885 (Dana Sabatino) to schedule an appointment for the simulation lab. Bring the SIMULATION PICC LINE INSERTION ASSESSMENT form with you to the simulation lab.
- Successfully complete simulation exercise.
- Complete an Evaluation form.
- Submit a Simulation Assessment form and an Evaluation to Dana Sabatino to obtain CME’s.